SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for Visual Basic
The MarshallSoft SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email component library for Visual Basic (SEE4VB)
is a library of functions providing easy control of the SMTP (Simple Mail Transport Protocol), POP3 (Post Office 3), and IMAP 4 (Internet Message Access Protocol) protocols.
The SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email development toolkit provides a simple interface to send and receive email, including multiple
MIME base64 and quoted-printable encoded attachments from within a VB or VB.NET application. Knowledge of Winsock
and TCP/IP is not needed.
SEE4VB provides the functionality to easily and quickly develop software applications that can send, receive and parse mail.
Some of the many features of the SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Component Library for Visual Basic (SEE4VB) are as follows:
- SEE4VB is a standard Windows DLL that does not depend on other "support" libraries.
- Works with all versions of Microsoft Visual Basic, VB.Net, and Visual Studio.
- Supports multiple (simultaneous) connections.
- Supports SMTP (ESMTP) and POP3 authentication ("AUTH PLAIN", "AUTH LOGIN" and "AUTH CRAM-MD5").
- SEE4VB is fully threadable.
- Download email from your POP3/IMAP server, automatically decoding MIME attachments.
- Get the number of messages on your POP3/IMAP email server.
- Get the header lines from any email on the POP3/IMAP email server, without reading the entire email.
- Copy any email on the POP3/IMAP server without deleting it.
- Delete any email on the server without downloading it first.
- Send email with optional MIME or Quoted Printable attachments.
- Send email with inline embedded images (GIF, TIF, JPG, BMP, and Rich Text).
- Send HTML email with alternative text and embedded images.
- Supports ISO-8859(European character sets) and UTF-8 (16 bit character sets) messages.
- Can specify custom Content-Types; add custom header fields.
- Supports setting priority via X-Priority header field.
- Can send email to mail addresses on a distribution list (bulk mail).
- Set minimum and maximum wait times for server response.
- Dozens of switches that provides the capability to control how email is sent and received.
- Supports both Win32 and Win64.
- Free technical support and updates for one year.
- Royalty free distribution with your compiled application.
- Evaluation versions are fully functional. No unlock code is required.
- Can be used with any language (C/C++, VC++, .NET, Delphi, VB,Delphi, Xbase++, Visual Foxpro,etc.) that can call the Windows API.
- Complete documentation (Programmers, Users, and Reference Manuals).
- Works with servers requiring SSL with (free) STUNNEL proxy server.
A selection of complete example programs is included
(including VB.Net and Viusal Studio),
demonstrating how to send and receive email using the library.
The SEE4VB library can also be used with any Windows application capable of calling the Windows API.
The SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Component Library for Visual Basic supports and has been tested with the following:
- Microsoft Visual Studio / Visual Basic (2005-2012)
- Visual Basic .NET Framework
- Microsoft Visual Basic (VB4.0, VB5.0, VB6.0)
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) such as WORD, EXCEL and ACCESS.
The SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email SDK (SEE4VB) can be used in the development of Win32 and Win64
applications running under Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8.
The evaluation version of SEE4VB is fully functional. Registration is
$115 for email delivery and includes one year of free
Our libraries (DLL's) are developer toolkits that can be used by programs written in all supported computer languages. Purchase a developer license for a specific product for one software language and use the same registered DLLs with all other supported languages for that product (i.e., purchase SEE4VB and use the DLLs with SEE4C). All versions of SEE use the same DLLs (SEE32.DLL or SEE64.DLL). However, the examples provided for each version were developed and tested using the specified computer language.
Other versions of the SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Component Library (SEE) can be downloaded from the following product pages:
- SEE4D SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for Delphi
- SEE4C SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for C/C++
- SEE4PB SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for PowerBASIC
- SEE4DB SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for Visual dBase
- SEE4FP SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for Visual FoxPro
- SEE4XB SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for Xbase++
- SEE4CB SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for COBOL
Current version of SEE4VB is 7.2 (August 29, 2013)
[ Download Free Evaluation Version ]
[ HOME |
SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Programmer's Manual |
SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email User's Manual |
SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Reference Manual