SMTP/POP3 Email Engine for COBOL
The SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for COBOL (SEE4CB)
is a library of functions providing easy control of the SMTP
(Simple Mail Transport Protocol), POP3 (Post Office 3), and IMAP 4
(Internet Message Access Protocol) protocols.
The SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email development toolkit provides a simple interface to send and receive email, including multiple MIME base64 and quoted-printable encoded attachments from within a COBOL, Fujitsu COBOL or Micro Focus COBOL application. Knowledge of Winsock and TCP/IP is not needed.
SEE4CB provides the functionality to easily and quickly develop software applications that can send, receive and parse mail.
Some of the many features of the SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Component Library for COBOL (SEE4CB) are as follows:
- SEE4CB is a standard Windows DLL that does not depend on other "support" libraries.
- Supports both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
- Supports Fujitsu COBOL and Micro Focus COBOL. Can be used with any COBOL that can call the Windows API.
- Supports Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/Windows 7.
- A Win32 DLL is provided; a Win64 DLL is available.
- SMTP client for sending email using an SMTP email server.
- POP3 / IMAP client for receiving email using a POP3 email server.
- Send email with optional MIME or Quoted Printable attachments.
- Send email with inline embedded HTML, GIF, TIF, JPG, BMP and Rich Text
- Send HTML email with alternative text and embedded images.
- Download email from a POP3/IMAP server, automatically decoding MIME attachments.
- Get the number of messages on the POP3/IMAP email server.
- Get the header lines from any email on the POP3 email server, without reading the
- Delete any email on the POP3 server without reading/downloading it first.
- Copy any email on the POP3 server without deleting it.
- Copy email and navigate between IMAP mailboxes.
- Check for the number of emails on the POP3 server.
- Forward Email.
- Decode email from a File
- Specify SMTP or POP3 port.
- Supports multiple (simultaneous) connections.
- Run up to 128 independent threads concurrently.
- Can send email to mail addresses on a distribution list.
- Supports SMTP (ESMTP) and POP3 authentication ("AUTH PLAIN", "AUTH LOGIN" and "AUTH CRAM-MD5").
- Set return receipt; add TO, CC, BCC recipients
- Set minimum and maximum wait times for server response.
- Supports ISO-8859 (European character sets) and UTF-8 (16 bit character sets)
- Can specify custom Content-Types; add custom header fields.
- Construct non-standard email that must be quoted (ex., EDIFACT)
- Includes over 52 functions for SMTP and POP3/IMAP control.
- Dozens of switches provided to control how email is sent or received.
- Supports setting priority via X-Priority header field.
- Removes contents of attachments before writing to disk.
- Use with GMAIL servers with (free) STUNNEL proxy server.
- Can be used from GUI mode or console mode programs.
- The SEE DLLs are thread-safe.
- Can be used with any language (Visual Basic, VB.NET, Delphi,Xbase++,Foxpro,etc.) that can call the Windows API.
- License covers all programming languages.
- Complete documentation (Programmers, Users, and Reference Manuals).
- Free technical support and updates for one year.
- Royalty free distribution with your compiled application.
- Evaluation versions are fully functional. No unlock code is required.
A good selection of complete example programs is included, demonstrating how to send and receive email using the SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email library.
The SEE4CB library can also be used with any Windows application capable of calling the Windows API.
SEE4CB can be used in the development of Fujitsu and MicroFocus COBOL
applications running under Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/Win7.
The evaluation version of SEE4CB is fully functional. Registration
is $115 for email delivery and includes one year free
Current version is 5.2 (04 May 2010)
[ Download ]
[ HOME |
Programmer's Manual |
User's Manual |
Reference Manual ]