SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine for Delphi
The MarshallSoft SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Component Library for Delphi (SEE4D)
is a library of functions providing easy control
of the SMTP (Simple Mail Transport Protocol) and POP3
(Post Office 3) protocols.
The SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email development toolkit provides a simple interface to send, receive and parse email, including multiple MIME base64 and quoted-printable encoded attachments from within a Borland Delphi application. Knowledge of Winsock
and TCP/IP is not needed.
SEE4D provides the functionality to easily and quickly develop software applications that can send, receive and parse mail.
Some of the many features of the SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Component Library for Delphi (SEE4D) are as follows:
- Supports 32-bit/64-bit Delphi XE through XE7
- SEE4D is a standard Windows DLL that does not depend on other "support" libraries.
- Works with all versions of Borland Delphi.
- Supports multiple (simultaneous) connections.
- Supports SMTP (ESMTP) and POP3 authentication ("AUTH PLAIN", "AUTH LOGIN" and "AUTH CRAM-MD5").
- SEE functions are fully threadable.
- Download email from your POP3 server, automatically decoding MIME attachments.
- Get the number of messages on your POP3 email server.
- Get the header lines from any email on the POP3 email server, without reading the entire email.
- Copy any email on the POP3 server without deleting it.
- Delete any email on the server without downloading it first.
- Remove contents of attachment before writing to disk.
- Send email with optional MIME or Quoted Printable attachments.
- Send email with inline embedded images (GIF, TIF, JPG, BMP, and Rich Text).
- Send HTML email with alternative text and embedded images.
- Supports ISO-8859(European character sets) and UTF-8 (16 bit character sets) messages.
- Can specify custom Content-Types; add custom header fields.
- Supports setting priority via X-Priority header field.
- Can send email to mail addresses on a distribution list (bulk mail).
- Set minimum and maximum wait times for server response.
- Works with servers requiring SSL with (free) STUNNEL proxy server.
- Dozens of switches that provides the capability to control how email is sent and received.
- Free technical support and updates for one year.
- Royalty free distribution with your compiled application.
- Evaluation versions are fully functional. No unlock code is required.
- Can be used with any language (C/C++, VC++, .NET, Visual Foxpro, VB,Delphi, Xbase++, Visual Basic,etc.) that can call the Windows API.
- Complete documentation (Programmers, Users, and Reference Manuals).
A good selection of complete example programs is included demonstrating how to send and receive email using the library.
The SEE4D library can also be used with any Windows application capable of calling the Windows API.
The SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Component Library for Delphi works with all versions of Borland Delphi.
The SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email SDK (SEE4D) can be used in the development of 32 and
64-bit Delphi applications running under 32-bit and 64-bit Windows through Windows 8. The evaluation version of SEE4D is fully functional. A one developer license is $115 for email delivery and includes one year free
Our libraries (DLL's) are developer toolkits that can be used by programs written in all supported computer languages. Purchase a developer license for a specific product for one software language and use the same registered DLLs with all other supported languages for that product (i.e., purchase SEE4D and use the DLLs with SEE4C). All versions of SEE use the same DLLs (SEE32.DLL and SEE64.DLL). However, the examples provided for each version were developed and tested using the specified computer language.
Other versions of the SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Component Library (SEE) can be downloaded from the following product pages:
- SEE4FP SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for Visual Foxpro
- SEE4C SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for C/C++
- SEE4PB SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for PowerBASIC
- SEE4DB SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for Visual dBase
- SEE4VB SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for Visual Basic
- SEE4XB SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for Xbase++
- SEE4CB SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library for COBOL
Current version of the SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine for Delphi (SEE4D) is 7.3 (December 18, 2014)
SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Delphi Programmer's Manual
SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email User's Manual
SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Reference Manual