Windows Standard Serial Communication Library for Delphi
The Windows Standard Serial Communications Library for Delphi
(WSC4D) is an serial communication library based on the Windows
API. Includes 52 functions plus modem control, serial comm API. WSC4D uses the core Windows API to communicate with any device connected
to a serial port from within a Delphi application.
A simple interface allows accessing data from a serial port using RS232 or multi-drop RS422 / RS485 serial ports. WSC also supports virtual ports such as those created by Bluetooth and USB/serial converters. WSC4D provides the capability to quickly write 32 bit and 64 bit Delphi applications to control serial devices such as barcode scanners, modems, lab instruments, medical devices, USB serial devices, scales, GPS navigation, etc.
The Delphi component library includes 49 functions plus serial line status & control, modem control,
ASCII/XMODEM/YMODEM protocols, and a good selection of Delphi example
Delphi Serial Communications Example Program
WSC4D can be used with any version of Borland/Codegear/Embarcadero Delphi (including Embarcadero XE8 and Delphi 10 Seattle/Berlin).
Features of WSC4D include:
- Includes 64-bit (WSC64.DLL) and 32-bit (WSC32.DLL) versions.
- Free technical support and updates for one year.
- Royalty free distribution with your compiled application.
- Evaluation versions are fully functional. No unlock code is required.
- Includes 52 functions plus modem control.
- Can control any serial device (scale, barcode reader, etc.) connected to a serial port.
- Can be used from GUI mode or console mode programs.
- Can control multiple ports simultaneously.
- Can be used with virtual serial ports using Bluetooth serial or a USB to serial converter.
- Supports RS232, and multidrop RS422, and RS485 ports.
- Includes hardware and software flow control.
- Supports character peek (SioEventChar).
- Supports transmit and receive timeouts.
- Can send Windows messages on completion of events (incoming character, etc.)
- Supports any baud rate (32-bit and 64-bit versions).
- Ability to specify the parity, word size, and number of stop bits.
- Comes with ANSI emulation and ASCII, XMODEM and YMODEM.
- Supports binary and text data transfer.
- Is port re-entrant.
- State driven Xmodem and Ymodem on multiple ports simultaneously.
- Is fully thread safe.
- Supports Windows XP through Windows 10.
- Works with all 32-bit versions of Borland, Codegear and Embarcadero Delphi.
- Works with 32- bit and 64-bit verisons of Embarcadero Delta XE through Delphi XE8, and Delphi 10 Seattle and Berlin.
- Does not depend on support libraries. Makes calls to core Windows API functions only.
- Can be used with any program in any language (C/C++,.NET, Delphi, VB, VB.NET, Foxpro, etc.) that can call the Windows API.
- License covers all programming languages. Purchase a developer license for WSC4D and use the DLLs with any other development environment (C++, Visual FoxPro, etc).
- Implemented as a standard Windows DLL, which will work with all versions of Windows.
- Will run on machines with or without .NET installed
- Can be purchased with or without ANSI C source code to the WSC DLLs.
- Documentation online as well as in printable format.
WSC4D can be used in the development of Win32 and Win64
Delphi applications running under Windows XP through Windows 10.
The evaluation version of WSC4D is fully functional.
The current version of the Windows Std Serial Comm Lib for Delphi is 7.0 (October 3, 2019).
Registration is $119 for email delivery ($199 with C language source code).
WSC4D Programmer's Manual
WSC User's Manual
WSC Reference Manual