Windows Standard Serial Communications Library for Visual Basic
The Marshallsoft serial communications component library for Visual Basic
(WSC4VB) is a serial port library based
on the Windows serial comm API. WSC4VB uses the core Windows API to communicate with any device connected
to a serial port from within a VB or VB.NET application. The component library includes 44 functions + modem control,
ASCII/XMODEM/YMODEM protocols, and a good selection of VB and VB.NET example
programs. The library can be used with any version of Visual Basic (including Visual Studio .Net) or
Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Includes 64-bit (WSC64.DLL) and 32-bit (WSC32.DLL) versions.
- Free technical support and updates for one year.
- Royalty free distribution with your compiled application.
- Evaluation versions are fully functional. No unlock code is required.
- Includes 43 functions plus modem control.
- Can control any serial device (scale, barcode reader, etc.) connected to a serial port.
- Can be used from GUI mode or console mode programs.
- Can control multiple ports simultaneously.
- Can be used with virtual serial ports using Bluetooth serial or a USB to serial converter.
- Supports RS232, and multidrop RS422, and RS485 ports.
- Includes hardware and software flow control.
- Supports character peek (SioEventChar).
- Supports transmit and receive timeouts.
- Can send Windows messages on completion of events (incoming character, etc.)
- Supports any baud rate (32-bit and 64-bit versions).
- Ability to specify the parity, word size, and number of stop bits.
- Comes with ANSI emulation and ASCII, XMODEM and YMODEM.
- Supports binary and text data transfer.
- Is port re-entrant.
- State driven Xmodem and Ymodem on multiple ports simultaneously.
- Is fully thread safe.
- Supports Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/2003/2008/2012/XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8.
- Works with all versions of Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Works with all versions of Microsoft Visual Basic and VB.NET.
- Can be used with VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) such as Excel, Microsoft Office and Access.
- Does not depend on support libraries. Makes calls to core Windows API functions only.
- Can be used with any program in any language (C/C++,.NET, Delphi, VB, VB.NET, Foxpro, etc.) that can call the Windows API.
- License covers all programming languages. Purchase a developer license for WSC4VB and use the DLLs with any other development environment (C++, Visual FoxPro, etc).
- Implemented as a standard Windows DLL, which will work with all versions of Windows.
- Will run on machines with or without .NET installed
- Can be purchased with or without ANSI C source code to the WSC DLLs.
- Documentation online as well as in printable format.
WSC4VB can be used in the development of Win32 and Win64
applications running under Windows 95/98/Me/XP/2003/2008/2012/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8,
and Windows NT/2000.
The evaluation version of WSC4VB is fully functional.
Current version is 5.3 (November 11, 2013).
Registration is $115 for email delivery ($195 with C language source code).
WSC4VB Programmer's Manual
WSC User's Manual
WSC Reference Manual