Windows Standard Serial Communication Library for PowerBASIC
The Windows Standard Serial Communications Library for PowerBASIC
(WSC4PB) is an serial communication library based on the Windows
API. Includes 44 functions plus modem control,
ASCII/XMODEM/YMODEM protocols, and a selection of example programs.
WSC4PB requires the
PowerBASIC Console Compiler (PB/CC), the PowerBASIC DLL Compiler (PB/DLL), or
the PowerBASIC Windows Compiler (PB/Win).
- Includes 32-bit DLL (WSC32.DLL).
- Free technical support and updates for one year.
- Royalty free distribution with your compiled application.
- Evaluation versions are fully functional. No unlock code is required.
- Can control any serial device (scale, barcode reader, etc.) connected to a serial port.
- Can be used from GUI mode or console mode programs.
- Can control multiple ports simultaneously.
- Can be used with virtual serial ports using Bluetooth serial or a USB to serial converter.
- Supports RS232, and multidrop RS422, and RS485 ports.
- Includes hardware and software flow control.
- Supports character peek (SioEventChar).
- Supports transmit and receive timeouts.
- Can send Windows messages on completion of events (incoming character, etc.)
- Supports any baud rate.
- Ability to specify the parity, word size, and number of stop bits.
- Comes with ANSI emulation and ASCII, XMODEM and YMODEM.
- Supports binary and text data transfer.
- Is port re-entrant.
- State driven Xmodem and Ymodem on multiple ports simultaneously.
- Is fully thread safe.
- Works with PB/CC, PB/DLL, and PB/WIN.
WSC4PB can be used in the development of Power BASIC
applications running under Windows XP through Windows 10.
The evaluation version of WSC4PB is fully functional.
Current version is 5.4 (December 23, 2015).
Registration is $115 for email delivery ($195 with C language source code).
WSC4PB Programmer's Manual
WSC User's Manual
WSC Reference Manual