Windows Standard Serial Communications Library for C/C++
The Marshallsoft serial communications component library for C/C++ (WSC4C) is a serial communication library based
on the Windows serial comm API. WSC4C uses the standard Windows API to communicate with any device connected to a serial port from within a C/C++, Visual C++, C# or .NET application.
A simple interface allows accessing data from a serial port using RS232 or multi-drop RS422 / RS485 serial
ports. WSC also supports virtual ports such as those created by Bluetooth and USB/serial converters. WSC
provides the capability to quickly write C/C++ applications to control serial devices such as barcode scanners,
modems, lab instruments, medical devices, USB serial devices, scales, GPS navigation, etc.
The component library includes 46 functions plus serial line status & control, modem
control, XMODEM and YMODEM, ASCII and ANSI terminal emulation. A good selection of C/C++ example programs is provided,
including console mode and multi-threaded examples as well as Microsoft Foundation Class
(MFC) and Borland/Embarcadero C++ Builder (BCB) examples.
WSC4C can be used in the development of Win64 and Win32 applications running under Windows XP through Windows 10. The evaluation version of WSC4C is fully functional.
C/C++ Serial Communications Example Program
Features of WSC4C include:
- Free technical support and updates for one year.
- Royalty free distribution with your compiled application.
- Includes 64-bit (WSC64.DLL) and 32-bit (WSC32.DLL) DLLs.
- Evaluation versions are fully functional. No unlock code is required.
- Can control any serial device connected to a serial port.
- Can be used from GUI mode or console mode programs.
- Can control multiple ports simultaneously.
- Can be used with virtual serial ports using Bluetooth serial or a USB to serial converter.
- Supports RS232, and multidrop RS422, and RS485 ports.
- Includes 46 functions plus modem control.
- Includes hardware and software flow control.
- Comes with ANSI emulation and ASCII, XMODEM and YMODEM protocols.
- Supports for any baud rate (32-bit & 64-bit versions).
- Ability to specify the parity, word size, and number of stop bits.
- Supports binary and text data transfer.
- Is port re-entrant.
- State driven Xmodem and Ymodem on multiple ports simultaneously.
- Can send Windows messages on completion of events (incoming character, etc.)
- Is fully thread safe.
- Supports Windows XP through Windows 10.
- Implemented as a standard Windows DLL, which will work with all versions of Windows.
- License covers all programming languages.
- Works with Microsoft Visual C++.
- Works with Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 through Visual Studio 2015.
- Works with Borland C/C++ (5.0, 5.5, and Borland C++ Builder [all versions]).
- Works with Microsoft Foundation Class, Watcom 11, and LCC WIN32/WIN64.
- Works with MinGW GCC and Digital Mars C.
- Does not depend on support libraries. Makes calls to Windows API functions only.
- Can be used with any language (C/C++,.NET, Delphi,Visual Basic, VB.NET, etc.) that can call the Windows API.
- Can be purchased with (or without) source code.
The current version of the Windows Std Serial Comm Lib for C/C++ is 5.4 (August 11, 2015).
Registration is $115 for email delivery ($195 with C language source code).
WSC4C Programmer's Manual
WSC User's Manual
WSC Reference Manual