Windows Serial Communication Component Library
The Windows Standard Serial Communications Library (WSC)
series of software development tools consist of Win32 and Win64 Dynamic Link Libraries
(DLL's) that are based on the Windows serial comm API. The Windows Serial Communications Library uses the standard Windows API to communicate with any device connected to a RS232 serial port (ncluding virtual ports) from within an application. The component library includes 32 functions plus modem
control, XMODEM and YMODEM, ASCII and ANSI terminal emulation. A good selection of example programs and complete documentation is provided with each WSC SDK.
Some of the many features of the Windows Standard Serial Communications Library (WSC) are as follows:
- WSC is a standard Windows DLL that does not depend on other "support" libraries.
- Can control any RS232 device connected to a serial port.
- Can be used from GUI mode or console mode programs.
- Can control multiple ports simultaneously.
- Includes hardware and software flow control.
- Is port re-entrant.
- Works with RS232, RS485 and RS522 serial ports.
- State driven Xmodem and Ymodem on multiple ports simultaneously.
- Is fully thread safe.
- Supports 32-bit and 64-bit Windows through Windows 10.
- Can send Windows messages on completion of events (incoming character, etc.)
The Windows Standard Serial Communications Library (WSC) is a developer toolkit that can be used by programs written in all supported computer languages including those written in C/C++, Visual C++, .NET, Delphi, Visual Basic, VB.NET, VBA languages (Access, Excel, Word, etc.),
Fortran (ABSOFT), COBOL (Fujitsu), PowerBuilder, PowerBASIC Console Compiler,
Visual dBase, Visual FoxPro, xBase++, etc.
- Free technical support and updates for one year.
- Royalty free distribution with your compiled application.
- Win32 and Win64 versions are provided.
- Evaluation versions are fully functional. No unlock code is required.
- Supports all versions of Microsoft Visual Studio C++ including C# and .NET
- Works with Microsoft Visual C++ (1.52, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, C#, and .NET).
- Works with Borland C/C++ (5.0, 5.5, and Borland C++ Builder [all versions]).
- Also works with Microsoft Foundation Class, Watcom 11, LCC-WIN32, and MinGW GCC.
- Works with all versions of Microsoft Visual Basic including Visual Studio (VB.NET)
- Works with Visual Foxpro, Borland Delphi, Xbase++, PowerBasic, dBase, COBOL
- Complete documentation (Programmers, Users, and Reference Manuals).
- Available with C source code ($195) for the DLL.
Purchase a developer license for WSC for one software language and use the same WSC registered DLLs with all other supported languages for WSC (i.e., purchase WSC4C and use the DLLs with WSC4VB since all versions of WSC use the same DLLs (WSC32.DLL and WSC64.DLL).
The WSC library works with all versions of 32-bit and 64-bit Windows through Windows 10.
The evaluation versions of WSC are fully functional and can be used for a 30 day trial period.
Windows Serial Communications (WSC) Software Products
- WSC4C Windows Standard Serial Communications Library for C/C++
- WSC4D Windows Standard Serial Communications Library for Delphi
- WSC4VB Windows Standard Serial Communications Library for Visual Basic
- WSC4PB Windows Standard Serial Communications Library for PowerBASIC
- WSC4FP Windows Standard Serial Communications Library for Visual FoxPro
- WSC4DB Windows Standard Serial Communications Library for Visual dBase
- WSC4XB Windows Standard Serial Communications Library for Xbase++
- WSC4CB Windows Standard Serial Communications Library for COBOL
Also see our serial communications library for DOS .