FTP Client Engine for Visual Basic and VB.NET
The FTP Client Engine for Visual Basic (FCE4VB) is a library of
direct and simple control of the FTP protocol and can be used for both anonymous and private FTP sessions. A simple interface allows connecting to a FTP server, navigating its directory
structure, listing files, sending files, deleting files, and receiving files using the FTP
The FCE4VB library contains both
WIN32 and WIN64 Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs) and can be used with any Windows application capable of calling the Windows API including Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows NT and Windows 95.
Requires any version of Visual Basic, including Visual Studio .NET,
or any Visual Basic for Applications
(VBA) language such as Word, Excel, and Access.
FCE4VB provides the functionality to easily and quickly develop software applications that can upload and download files using the FTP protocol.
Some of the many features of the FTP Client Component Library for Visual Basic (FCE4VB) are as follows:
- FCE4VB is a standard Windows DLL that does not depend on other "support" libraries.
- Supports both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
- Works with all versions of Microsoft Visual Basic, VB .Net and VBA.
- Connect to any (anonymous or private) FTP server.
- Get list of files (names or long format) on server.
- Navigate server directories.
- Specify ASCII or BINARY transfer mode.
- Download files (with wildcard support).
- Upload files (with wildcard support).
- Delete files.
- Rename files.
- Append files.
- Real-time upload/download data transfer rate.
- Real-time number bytes received/sent for async transfers
- Create, delete and rename directories.
- Create and remove server directories.
- Support for PROXY servers.
- Supports passive mode (necessary for firewalls).
- Supports active and passive mode (use with firewalls) file transfers.
- Supports multiple concurrent FTP sessions.
- Resume (restart) file uploads and downloads from any offset.
- Change files names while being uploaded or downloaded.
- Can parse long directory listings.
- Resume file transfers from any offset.
- Supports file appending.
- Can specify the FTP or data port.
- Can set minimum and maximum response waits.
- Specify the allowable data port range.
- All operations can be aborted.
- Supports S/KEY password encryption.
- Use on Internet or your own intranet (LAN).
- Several working example programs with source are provided.
- Supports Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/Window 7.
- License covers all programming languages.
- Can be used with any language (C/C++, VC++, C#, .NET, Delphi, VB, dBASE, Xbase++, Visual
Foxpro,PowerBASIC, COBOL, etc.) that can call the Windows API. Makes calls to core Windows API functions only
- Both Win32 and Win64 versions are provided.
- Is native Windows code but can be called from managed code.
- Will run on machines without .NET installed
- Free technical support and updates for one year.
- Royalty free distribution with your compiled application.
- Can be purchased with or without C source code to the FCE DLLs
- Free updates for one year (Updates to source code are separate).
- Evaluation versions are fully functional. No unlock code is required.
- Complete documentation (Programmers, Users, and Reference Manuals).
A good selection of complete example programs is provided (including VB .Net and VBA),
demonstrating how to develop software using the FTP Client Engine Library.
The FTP Client Component Library for Visual Basic supports and has been tested with the following:
- Microsoft Visual Basic (VB4.0, VB5.0, VB6.0)
- Microsoft Visual Studio (VB.NET) 2005 - 2011
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) such as WORD, EXCEL and ACCESS.
- Power Builder
FCE4VB can be used in the development of Win32 and Win64 applications running under Windows 95/98/Me/2000/2003/NT/XP/Vista/Windows 7. The evaluation version of FCE4VB is fully functional. Registration is $115 for email delivery and includes one year free updates.
Current version is 3.2 (5-23-2012).
[ Download Free Evaluation Version ]
[ HOME |
Programmer's Manual |
User's Manual |
Reference Manual ]